If you're looking for a way to keep your diamonds sparkling without having to take them to a jeweler, here are a few tips:
- Use warm water and mild dish soap. This is the most common way to clean diamond jewelry at home. Simply mix a few drops of mild dish soap with warm water in a bowl. Submerge your jewelry in the solution and let it soak for a few minutes. Then, use a soft toothbrush to gently scrub the jewelry. Be sure to rinse it thoroughly with warm water afterwards.
- Use a commercial jewelry cleaner. If you have a lot of diamond jewelry or if your jewelry is particularly dirty, you may want to use a commercial jewelry cleaner. These cleaners are available at most jewelry stores and department stores. Simply follow the instructions on the label.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals. Harsh chemicals, such as bleach or ammonia, can damage your diamonds. So, it's best to avoid using them when cleaning your jewelry.
- Don't use ultrasonic cleaners. Ultrasonic cleaners can damage the settings of your jewelry. So, it's best to avoid using them when cleaning your diamond jewelry.
- Wipe your jewelry dry after cleaning. Once you've cleaned your jewelry, be sure to wipe it dry with a soft cloth. This will help to prevent water spots from forming.
- Store your jewelry in a jewelry box. When you're not wearing your jewelry, be sure to store it in a jewelry box. This will help to protect it from scratches and other damage.
By following these tips, you can keep your diamond jewelry looking its best for years to come.
Here are some additional tips for cleaning your diamond jewelry:
- If your jewelry has any gemstones other than diamonds, be sure to check the care instructions for those stones before cleaning.
- If your jewelry has any intricate settings, be extra careful when cleaning it. You don't want to damage the setting.
- If your jewelry is particularly dirty, you may need to soak it in a cleaner for a longer period of time. Just be sure to follow the instructions on the label.
- If you're not sure how to clean your diamond jewelry, it's always best to take it to contact us.